2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari is one of the shortest gorilla trekking Uganda Safari Package that a traveler can book to Volcanoes National Park. This 2 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari is carried out in none other than Volcanoes National Park situated in the northern part of Rwanda, the land of a thousand hills. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda is considered to be a luxurious activity with the gorilla permit at $1500 per person which is way higher than the permits in other countries like Uganda and DRC. This 2 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari in volcanoes national park offers an awesome experience as travelers spend a full hour with the mountain gorillas in Rwanda within Virunga massif.
This 2 days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari in Virunga national park includes 2 days and 1night starting from either Kigali city or Kigali international airport then have a brief Kigali city tour where you will be in position to visit the Genocide memorial sites and then connect to volcanoes national park for a gorilla trekking safari in the wilderness and end in Kigali city or Kigali international airport.
Highlights of 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari
- Day 1: Arrival, Kigali genocide and Transfer to Volcanoes national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking and departures
Day 1: Arrival, Kigali genocide and Transfer to Volcanoes national park
- Visiting Kigali genocide memorial sites: on day 1 of your safari, you will be picked up from your earlier communicated location be it Kigali city or at Kigali International airport and head for Kigali genocide memorial site where several Rwandese were brutally murdered, visit craft shops, Markets, etc
- Transfer to Volcanoes Np: Once the city tour is done, proceed to Volcanoes national park which is roughly 2-3 hours’ drive. Arrive late in the evening, check-in at the lodge for dinner and overnight stay. Meal plan: Enroute Lunch and Dinner at the lodge Accommodation: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge – Luxury lodge / Le Bambou Lodge – Midrange / Muhabura Hotel – Budget
Day 2: Gorilla trekking and departures
- Gorilla trekking : On day 2 of 2 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari, you will wake up pretty early , enjoy your breakfast and meet with the guide to transfer to the park headquarters where you will have a briefing about the expectations during gorilla trekking, the dos and don’ts and even be given an opportunity to hire a porter. Once you are done with the briefing, you will be assigned a particular gorilla family and alongside the armed rangers and guides you will trail in to the forest in search for habituated mountain gorillas. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda lasts between 30minutes to full day so expect to really hike as you search for the gorillas in their natural habitat. As soon as a particular habituated gorilla family is spotted, only one hour is allowed for travelers to interact and take those breathtaking memorial photographs of the endangered mountain gorillas. After spending an hour with mountain gorillas, return to the lodge, freshmen up and check out to meet with the driver or drop off to the location where you were picked the previous day.
End of your safari
This 2 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari includes;
- A Rwandan gorilla trekking permit
- Visiting genocide memorial sites
- Park entrance fees
- An English speaking guide / driver
- Airport pickup and drop off A
- All accommodations for 1 night
- All meals as per itinerary
- Enough drinking water while on the safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle and safari
This 2 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari excludes;
- All the optional activities
- Laundry fee
- Tip to the porter and guide
- Telephone expenses such as Airtime and email services
- All travel documents such as visa and ticket
- Cigarettes, alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Life insurance
Tips for your 2 day Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari and what to carry
Remember to pack the following in your back pack;
- A camera
- Good water proof hiking boats
- Insect repellant
- Sun glasses
- A Cap
- Garden gloves
- Long sleeved attire
- A rain coat and a warm sweater
- Some snack and drinking water
- A hiking stick is always provided at the head office during briefing
- Do not forget to hire a porter or even two to offer you a push and pull during the trek and also help you in carrying the excess luggage.
This 2 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safaris one of the shortest gorilla trekking safaris in Rwanda.
Note: you may also have an alternative of landing into Rwanda and trekking cheaper gorillas in Uganda within the two days safari.