3 Days Mgahinga Fly-In Gorilla Trekking Safari
3 Days Mgahinga Fly-In Gorilla Trekking Safari takes only 3 days and 2 nights in Uganda the pearl of Africa. Throughout this 3 days safari, you will be in a position to fly to Kisoro airfield which will save you the long hours’ drive to the land of endangered mountain gorillas. This safari will start from Entebbe international airport on day 1 and then end in Entebbe again on day 3 and it’s the best and perfect safari for travelers with a limited and tight safari schedule yet planning to encounter the most endangered mountain gorillas.
Highlights for 3 Days Mgahinga fly-in gorilla trekking safari
- Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National park
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Day 3: Return to Entebbe for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National park
- Arrival at Entebbe International Airport: On day 1 of 3 days Mgahinga Fly-in gorilla trekking safari, you will arrive at Entebbe International airport where you will be picked up by Achieve Global Safaris company representatives for a briefing about what you are expected to do and encounter during this safari.
- Transfer to Mgahinga gorilla national park: You will then fly from either Entebbe international airport or from Kajansi airfield direct to Kisoro airfield where you will then be driven to Mgahinga gorilla National park home to Nyakagezi Mountain Gorilla family. Upon arrival at the park, you will check-in at the Lodge, enjoy a meal, and have an even relaxation. On this evening, you may have an optional Batwa trail in order to learn more about the life of the Batwa people who were the ancient forest dwellers that managed to stay with the mountain gorillas in the wild. Return to the lodge and enjoy your dinner followed by overnight sleep.
Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga: on this day 2 of 3 days Mgahinga Fly – in gorilla trekking safari, you will have an early breakfast which will be served to you at the lodge and then pack some lunch box filled with snack, pack enough drinking water and meet your driver to be driven to the park headquarters where briefing about gorilla trekking is carried out. During the briefing, you will be in a position to ask any possible questions concerning gorillas and you will probably receive the best response. After the briefing, you will be allocated the particular group of gorilla alongside other trekkers with a maximum of 8 people, and alongside the tour guides and the armed rangers, you will be in a position to start the trail in the forest to search for the habituated mountain in the wild. During the trek, ensure to listen carefully to your guide and ranger for safety purposes while amidst the wildlife. Once you encounter with the gorillas, you will be allowed one hour of interaction as you enjoy taking the photographs of the primates as long as you don’t use the flashlight. After the trek, you will return to the lodge for evening relaxation or else you may opt for an evening community visit to meet with the local bakiga and batwa for some entertainment. Then return to the lodge for dinner and have an overnight sleep.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Return to Entebbe for departures
- Return to Entebbe: being the last day of your 3 days Mgahinga fly- in gorilla trekking safari and considering the long drives from Mgahinga to Entebbe which is about 9-11 hours, you will have to wake very early, enjoy the served breakfast or pack the breakfast and check out of the lodge to start the journey to Entebbe. Expect to have an enroute lunch at Igongo cultural center and another stopover at the equator for some photographs and experiments then have a drive direct to Entebbe International airport where you will check-in at the departures for an evening or night flight back to you country or to the next destination.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
End Of 3 Days Mgahinga Fly-In Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Domestic flight upon request
- Airport drop off
- A gorilla trekking permit
- A 4×4 safari vehicle filled with fuel
- An English speaking guide
- All meals as per Itinerary
- Accommodation for 2 nights as per Itinerary
- Ranger fee
- Entrance fees
- Enough packed drinking water
- International flight expenses
- Tips to the ranger, porter and Guide
- Porter fee
- Laundry fees
- Other drinks other than water
- Life insurance
Conclusion: This 3 days Mgahinga Fly-in gorilla trekking safari is such a fascinating and time-saving safari allowing a primate lover to spend only 3 days and yet enjoy the privileges of spending time with the mountain gorillas in their natural habitats.