4 Days Kahuzi Biega Lowland Gorilla Trekking Safari
4 days Kahuzi Beiga lowland gorilla trekking safari includes 4 days and 3 nights starting from Kigali – Rwanda and then connects to Bukavu in the Democratic republic of Congo for gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Beiga National park and then return to Kigali for departures. Kahuzi Beiga national park is the only park that harbors these lowland gorillas in their natural habitat. In fact it’s only Rwanda that harbors both Mountain gorillas in Virunga national park and then lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Beiga national park. Implying that a primate lover can trek both species of gorillas on one safari.
Highlights of 4 days Kahuzi Beiga lowland gorilla trekking safari
- Day 1: Arrival at Kigali International airport
- Day 2: Transfer to Bukavu in DRC
- Day 3: Lowland Gorilla trekking
- Day 4: Return To Kigali for departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Kigali International airport
- Arrival: on day 1 of 4 days Kahuzi Beiga lowland gorilla trekking safari, you will arrive at Kigali international airport where you will be met and picked up by our driver to your prepared lodge within Kigali. While at the lodge you will enjoy a meal and depending on your arrival time, you may then have an evening city tour to visit some markets, shops and then return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Transfer to Bukavu in DRC
- Transfer to Bukavu: on day 2 of 4 days Kahuzi Beiga lowland gorilla trekking safari, you will have breakfast, check out of the lodge to embark on the drive from Kigali to DRC. You will have an enroute lunch and then have a stopover at the king’s palace and also visit some genocide memorial sites before crossing over for Bukavu via Cyangugu border while siting the scenic view of Lake Kivu and other attractions along the way. On this day, you are expected to arrive late in the evening with a stop at the park head office to pick up the lowland gorilla trekking permit then continue for check in at the lodge, dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 3: Lowland gorilla trekking
- Low land gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Beiga: on the 3rd day of your safari, you will wake as early as possible since gorilla trekking normally starts at 8:00am after briefing. thus you are expected to have some packed snacks, enough drinking water and put on your best gorilla trekking gear including the hiking boots, sunglasses, garden gloves, long-sleeved attire and a cap then be driven to the park headquarters to have a briefing and be allocated the gorilla family to trek. After briefing, hire a porter and alongside armed rangers and guide enter into the forest and look for the habituated lowland gorillas that are used to human. You will then spend a maximum period of one hour with these primates then return to the lodge for an evening relaxations as you wait for dinner and have an overnight sleep.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Packed Lunch and Dinner
Day 4: Return To Kigali for departures
- Return to Kigali: this is the last day of your 4 days Kahuzi Beiga Lowland Gorilla trekking safari. You will wake up, have breakfast at ease, then check out of the lodge and meet your driver who will be ready to drive you back to Kigali via the same Cyangugu border. After crossing into Rwanda, you will have a meal and then be driven to Kigali where you will be dropped at the Airport in case its already time for your flight back home or to the next destination. However, you may also be dropped off at the hotel in Kigali depending on your next plan.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
End of 4 Days Kahuzi Biega Lowland Gorilla Trekking Safari
Inclusive in this 4 days Kahuzi Beiga Lowland Gorilla trekking safari
- Park entrance fees
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Congo visa
- Lowland Gorilla trekking permit
- Ranger and convoy
- An English speaking guide
- All activities as per itinerary
- Enough bottled drinking water
- All meals as per Itinerary
- Accommodation as per Itinerary
- A 4×4 safari vehicle with fuel
Exclusives in this 4 days Kahuzi Beiga Lowland Gorilla trekking safari
- Travel expenses such as visa and ticket
- Laundry fees
- Life insurance
- Optional activities
- Other drinks apart from water
- Additional accommodation before and after the safari