4 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee safari
4 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee safari is a short tour package that takes travellers to south western part of Uganda to explore the second largest national park and the most visited park on Uganda wildlife Safari .Queen Elizabeth national park is rich in bio diversity of mammals with over 95 species ,600 bird species ,crake crates ,vegetation ,plants and many more .The park best sounds with rare tree climbing lions which cannot be found in most of African national parks ,here comes Uganda to be blessed country and other wildlife species to view on your safari to Queen are elephants ,buffaloes ,leopards ,warthogs ,waterbuck ,Uganda kob ,topis ,sitatunga among others.
Highlights of the 4 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Day 2: Morning game drive and Evening boat cruise
- Day 3: Chimpanzee trekking
- Day 4: Community walk /Return to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: On day 1 of the 4 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee safari you will wake up enjoy your morning breakfast as you wait to be picked up from your hotel in Kampala city. Our safari driver -guide will pick you up at 7:00am take you through a short briefing about the 4 days Uganda safari Queen Elizabeth national park and after set off your journey to Queen Elizabeth national park.
- Equator Experience: As we head to Queen Elizabeth national you will have a stopover at Uganda Equator along Masaka road to view the experiment made at the equator as you view the longitude at 0 degrees Celsius from the northern hemisphere to Southern hemisphere, enjoy the photography taking. We shall continue driving to Mbarara town to have lunch en route and then drive directly to Queen Elizabeth National Park while passing through the rolling hills, viewing of the long horned cattle on the way. Arrive to the park you check in to the lodge you’re likely to sleep in and after go for evening game drive accompanied by armed guide using 4x4WD safari vehicle.
- Game Drive Your evening game drive it will be conducted in the Ishasha sector in the southern part of the park. You will be able spot the rewardable unique tree-climbing lions hanging on fig tree branches and other mammals which can be seen here include buffaloes, warthog, Uganda kobs, waterbucks and many more, you can also spot out some beautiful bird species around.
- Drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Accommodation Option: Simba Safari Camp, Mweya safari lodge, and Queen Elizabeth bush lodge.
Day 2: Morning game drive and boat cruise
- Morning Game Drive You will wake up early have breakfast served with snacks, after drive to the park to look for the hidden animals that we missed in the evening game drive. The morning game drive starts at 6:30 and exactly 7am when we already there in an open savannah grassland of Kasenyi plains to search for mammals. While you are enjoying your game drive viewing in Kasenyi plains expect to see variety of mammals such as herds of elephants crossing the road, buffaloes, waterbucks, Uganda kobs and many more. Drive back to the lodge have lunch as you prepare for evening boat cruise.
- Boat cruise After lunch go for boat cruise on kazinga channel, a channel that connects with lake Edward and lake George. Boat cruise at kazinga channel begins at 2pm.As you enjoy your boat cruise on kazinga channel expect to sight see the concentration of number of hippos, crocodiles, view other animals on banks of water while drinking water such animals include elephants, buffalo’s waterbucks among others. Return to the lodge for rest, dinner and overnight.
Day 3 Chimpanzee tracking
- Chimpanzee tracking Wake up have breakfast with packed lunch ,our safari driver or guide will pick you up and transfer park head quarter to have a short briefing about the rules Chimpanzees trekking .Then after meet the ranger who leads you to kyambura gorge into forest trail heads ,as your tracking you will have great chance of viewing other primates like red tailed monkeys ,colobus monkeys ,black and white monkeys ,spot out various bird species ,vegetation among others .Once Chimpanzees are found , you will be given one hour to observe them as they play around ,feeding their young ones ,swing on the tree branches as well as enjoying photo taking with them but flash disc cameras are prohibited when you’re with chimpanzees .Chimpanzee tracking experience lasts as few as 2 to 8 hours tracking that’s why we recommend you to go with your packed lunch because you never know it may take too long to locate the gorilla family.
- After return to the lodge rest, have dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Community walk /Return to Kampala
- Community walk On our last day of the 4 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee safari you will have a lazy morning breakfast served with delicious doughnuts. After go for community walk led by experienced local guide fluent in English to lead you through community tour which involves in visiting the fish landing site, learn about traditional canoe making demonstration, have a chance to view women making crafts, walk around some of the crater lakes in Queen and get chance to view hippos and many more. Descend back to the lodge early have lunch and check out of the park.
- Return to Kampala to be dropped at your hotel in Kampala the city of seven hills or at Entebbe Airport to catch up with your flight.
End of your 4 Days Queen Elizabeth Wildlife & Chimpanzee safari