4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking and Dian Fossey Hike
4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike: this 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey Hike is one of the most fascinating activities that includes 4 days and 3 nights taking travelers deep into the wilderness of Volcanoes national park for a gorilla trekking excursion and also enjoy the best Hike to summit the grave of the American primatologist known as Dian Fossey who was murdered at karisoke research center. This 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike safari is best for people aged more than 15 years of age. The safari starts from Kigali and ends in Kigali.
Highlights of the 4 Days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike
- Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Ruhengeri – Volcanoes National park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking and Nature walks
- Day 3: Dian Fossey Hike
- Day 4: Return to Kigali and Departures
Day 1: Arrival and Transfer to Ruhengeri -Volcanoes National park
- Arrival: On day 1 of 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike, upon arrival at Kigali international airport, you will be met by our company driver, have a briefing about your 4 days safari as you drive to Kigali for an enroute lunch.
- Transfer to Ruhengeri: after enjoying your lunch in Kigali, have a drive to Volcanoes national park with in Ruhengeri. Endeavor to have a stopover at the Volcanoes park head office for the gorilla trekking permits before proceeding to the lodge for check-in, Dinner and Overnight stay.
- Meal plan: Enroute Lunch in Kigali and Dinner at the lodge
- Accommodation: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / Hotel La Palme /Muhabura Hotel
Day 2: Gorilla trekking and nature walk in Volcanoes National Park
- Gorilla trekking: On day 2 of 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike, you are expected to wake up early in the morning at about 5:30an, enjoy your breakfast, park your lunch box and snack then meet the driver for transportation to park head offices where you will have a briefing before embarking on a breathtaking gorilla trekking adventure in the wild. Gorilla trekking opens door to sight out other different wildlife species including primates, mammals, birds, butterflies and plants that reside in the park. You will be trekking in a minimum of 8 people per habituated gorilla family and after getting closer to the family, only one hour is allowed for taking photographs and interacting with the gorillas while learning lots of their habits such as copulating, breastfeeding, among others.
- Nature walk: Once gorilla trekking is done, return to the lodge freshen up and embark on the evening nature walk towards the twin lakes of Burela and Ruhondo that offer a view of different wildlife including water birds and other mammals. After the walk, return to the lodge, enjoy your lunch and overnight stay.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch and Dinner at the lodge
- Accommodation: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / Hotel La Palme/ Muhabura
Day 3: Dian Fossey Hike
- Dian Fossey Hike: on day 3 of 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike, you are required to wake up early again, enjoy your breakfast and meet with your driver to transfer to the office for a briefing before embarking on the journey to hike Dian Fossey’s grave situated on Karisoke research center. During the hike, you will be in a position to sight out different wildlife species such as mountain gorillas, and other mammals. After the hike, return to the lodge for relaxation as you wait for dinner.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Accommodation: Accommodation: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / Hotel La Palme/ Muhabura
Day 4: Transfer to Kigali for departures
- Transfer to Kigali: On your day 4 of 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike, you will wake up on a relaxed breakfast, then check out of the lodge and meet with your driver to embark on the journey to Kigali for a brief city tour where you will visit the Kigali Genocide memorial sites, have an enroute lunch and transfer to Kigali International airport for departures.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Enroute Lunch
- End of your 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike,
This 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike include;
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Dian Fossey hiking permit
- Park entrance fees
- All activities included in the Itinerary
- Pickup and drop off at the airport
- English speaking guide
- Accommodation for 3 Nights
- Meals as per itinerary
- Drinking water while on the safari
- A 4×4 safari vehicle and safari
This 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking and Dian Fossey hike excludes;
- All travel documents such as visa and ticket
- Optional activities
- Tips to porter and guide
- Other expenses including airtime and email services
- other beverages
See also: 14 days Best of Rwanda safari