5 days Nyungwe forest, Virunga and Lake Kivu Safari
5 days Nyungwe forest National Park, Virunga National park and Lake Kivu safari: This 5 days Nyungwe forest National Park, Virunga National park and Lake Kivu safari will start and end in Kigali –Rwanda and the destinations to be visited include Nyungwe forest national park for chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk safari, Gisenyi for exploration of lake kivu, and finally a visit to Virunga national park for Mount Nyiragongo hiking tour. This 5 days safari includes 5 days and 4 nights and the traveler is expected to arrive in Kigali –Rwanda a day before the safari in order to have enough time for the transfer to Nyungwe forest national park on the 1st day of the safari.
Highlights of 5 days Nyungwe forest, Virunga and Lake Kivu Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk in Nyungwe forest national park
- Day 3: Transfer to Gisenyi and explore Lake Kivu
- Day 4: Ascend Nyiragongo in Virunga national park
- Day 5: Descend Nyiragongo and departures
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe forest national park
- Nyungwe forest national park: You will be picked up from your hotel in Kigali on day 1 of 5 days safari and be driven to Nyungwe forest national park one of the best and frequently visited national park in Rwanda. Nyungwe forest national park is best known for harboring 13 species of primates and having the best canopy walk. There is a lot of attractions to encounter along the way ranging from thrilling Rwanda hills as Rwanda is known as the land of a thousand hills, the local people, the plantations and many more. Being a long drive, you will be in position to enjoy an enroute lunch and proceed your journey to the park for check in, dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and Canopy walk
- Chimpanzee trekking and canopy walk safari in Nyungwe forest national park: Breakfast will be served as early as possible in the morning of day 2 of 5 days safari, pack some snacks and drinking water then be transferred for a chimpanzee trekking adventure. Only one hour will be allowed for you to interact with the chimpanzees and late on return to the lodge for lunch. After lunch still on day 2 of 5 days Nyungwe forest National Park, Virunga National park and Lake Kivu safari, you will embark on an afternoon canopy walk to watch plenty of primates in the forest, have a clear view of Nyungwe forest national park and many more. After the canopy walk, you will return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch & dinner
Day 3: Transfer to Gisenyi and explore lake Kivu
- Explore Lake Kivu: After breakfast on day 3 of 5 days safari, you will check out of the lodge and start the journey from Nyungwe forest national park to Gisenyi where you will enjoy your lunch at the shores of lake Kivu and embark on an afternoon boat cruise on top of this beautiful lake Kivu. After the boat cruise, you will have a relaxed evening at the beach on Lake Kivu and later in the evening have diner and overnight.
- Meal plan: breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Day 4: Transfer to Virunga national park and Ascend Nyiragongo
- Ascend Nyiragongo: On day 4 of 5 safari, you will wake very early in the morning about 5:00am, have breakfast and without hesitation check out of the lodge with all your belongings to be transferred to Virunga national park for Nyiragongo hiking experience. You will be cleared at virunga park headquarters, obtain your Nyiragongo hiking permit and proceed to Kibati ranger post where the hike to the top of mount Nyiragongo starts at 10:30am. Hire a porter or even two depending on your luggage before starting the hike. You will enjoy your packed lunch along the hike and have dinner at the summit.
Day 5 Descend Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali for departures
- Descend Nyiragongo and departures: Breakfast at the summit on day 5 of 5 days safari should be served very early as you prepare to descend Nyiragongo as early as 6:00am. You will descend back to Kibati ranger post where you will be driven back to the border for a transfer to Kigali-Rwanda for departures. On this last day of your 5 days Nyungwe forest National Park, Virunga National park and Lake Kivu safari, you will have an enroute lunch and if time allows, have a brief Kigali city tour.
END OF 5 days Nyungwe forest, Virunga and Lake Kivu Safari
- Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Airport transfers
- A canopy way
- Congo visa
- Nyiragongo hiking permit
- An English speaking safari driver /Guide
- Enough drinking water
- Ranger fees
- Accommodation as mentioned in Itinerary
- All meals as per itinerary
- A 4×4 safari vehicle and fuel
- Visa and Air ticket
- Porter fees
- Life insurance
- Optional activities
- Additional accommodation before or after safari
- Other drinks apart from water