7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari
7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari is such an awesome experience that allows travelers to fully visit the best national parks in both Uganda the pearl of Africa and Rwanda the land of a thousand hills. This 7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari starts from Kigali Rwanda and ends in Kampala Uganda and throughout the safari, one is in position to encounter primates such as gorillas, chimpanzees, monkeys, mammals such as elephants, lions, buffaloes, Uganda kob, bird species including water birds, endemic bird species and many more.
Highlights of 7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari
- Day 1: Arrival and evening Kigali city tour
- Day 2: Visit Genocide memorial sites and Transfer to Volcanoes national park
- Day 3: Golden monkey trekking and transfer to Bwindi
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking
- Day 5: Transfer to Kibale
- Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking
- Day 7: Drive to Kampala
Day 1: Arrival and evening Kigali city tour
- Arrival: on day one of 7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari, you are expected to arrive at Kigali International airport where you will be picked up by achieve global safari representative and transfer to the lodge in Kigali. Depending on your arrival time, you may enjoy your meal and then opt for an evening Kigali city tour either on foot or in a vehicle, visit some market places including kimironko market and visit some craft shops within Kigali then return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Visit Genocide memorial sites and Transfer to Volcanoes national park
- Visit genocide memorial sites: there are very many places where the Rwandese were brutally murdered in cold blood during the 1994 genocide and during your 7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari, you will be in a position to visit some of them and learn more about the genocide and what really caused it. So you will wake up early for breakfast, check out of the lodge and meet the driver for a half-day genocide tour. Have an enroute lunch.
- Transfer to Volcanoes national park: After visiting some of the genocide sites and lunch, you will be driven to Volcanoes national park for dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Golden monkey trekking and transfer to Bwindi
- Golden monkey trekking: on the third day of 7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari, you will wake up, have your breakfast, pack some snacks and water and then move to the forest to trek golden monkeys in their natural habitat. This will last between 1-5 hours depending on the fitness level of the trekkers. After trekking golden monkeys, return to the lodge and have lunch.
- Transfer to Bwindi: once you are done with Lunch, you will check out of the lodge and be driven to Bwindi impenetrable national park in south western part of Uganda. Bwindi is famously known for harboring the biggest population of the endangered mountain gorillas. Upon arrival, you will check in at the lodge, have served dinner and stay for an overnight.
- Mea plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 4: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi : on day 4 of 7 days combined Uganda and safari, you will have an early breakfast, pack some snack and drinking water then be driven for the briefing at the park headquarters. After briefing you will start trekking gorillas in the forest and be sure to spot other wildlife species includes other primates, different mammals, birds, butterflies and plant species. After trekking, return to the lodge for refreshments as you await dinner and overnight or you may opt for an evening nature walks or have a Batwa experience.
Day 5: Transfer to Kibale
- Transfer to Kibale forest national park: on 5th day of 7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari, you will wake up in the morning on a relaxed cup of tea, check out of the lodge and embark on the journey to Kibale forest national park a home to 13 species of primates. You will have a stopover in ishasha sector for a game drive to view the tree-climbing lions and enjoy an enroute lunch as you proceed to Kibale forest national park. Upon arrival in the evening, have your dinner served and take a nap.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking
- Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale: on day 6 of 7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari, you will wake up early, have breakfast and prepare your backpack for a chimpanzee trekking expedition. Be driven to the headquarters for a briefing and then trail into the forest in search of habituated chimpanzees which you will spend an hour with interacting and taking photographs. After trekking chimpanzees, return to the lodge for an evening relaxation as you await dinner and overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 7: Drive to Kampala
- Drive to Kampala: This is the last day of your 7 days combined Uganda and Rwanda safari. You will wake up at any time of the day, have a relaxed breakfast and tech check out of the lodge for a driver to Kampala the capital city of Uganda. You will have an enroute lunch along the way and proceed to Kampala for a city tour before transferring to Entebbe international airport for departures.
- Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch
END OF 7 DAYS COMBINED UGANDA AND RWANDA SAFARI
INCLUSIVE IN 7 DAYS COMBINED UGANDA AND RWANDA SAFARI
- Uganda Chimpanzee trekking permit
- Uganda Gorilla trekking permit
- Rwanda Golden monkey trekking permit
- A 4×4 safari vehicle and fuel
- Park entrance fees for all parks
- All meal plan as per Itinerary
- All accommodations for 6 nights
- All inclusive activities
- English speaking tour guide throughout the trip
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Enough drinking water throughout the 7 days safari
EXCLUSIVES IN THIS 7 DAYS COMBINED UGANDA AND RWANDA SAFARI
- Travel documents such vaccination, Visa and air ticket
- Tips to the guide and porter
- Laundry fee
- Porter fee
- Optional activities
- Extra accommodation
- Alcoholic beverages and juices